GEOSS was established in April 2001 by Julian Conrad – a hydrogeologist with 11 years hydrogeology experience gained whilst working at the CSIR. GEOSS has since grown steadily from a “1 person business” to the established company it now is under the Directorship of Julian Conrad and Dale Barrow (also an MSc hydrogeologist with an MBA qualification as well).
GEOSS aims to be the most knowledgeable, capable, professional, ethical and friendliest consulting and partnering company in the African groundwater industry. GEOSS aims to improve utilisation, protection and management of groundwater resources to the benefit of society and the environment. To this end, GEOSS implements global best practices and partners with leading agencies to build a better future for us all.
To implement global best practices in all aspects of geohydrology, GIS and remote sensing to the benefit of society and the environment whilst ensuring sustainable use of groundwater resources.
GEOSS Values and Business Ethics
As a business organisation we are committed to being UNASHAMEDLY ETHICAL accordingly, we commit:
- To be honest and ethical in all our dealings.
- To provide efficient, economic and effective products and services in an impartial manner.
- To provide all stakeholders with timely, accessible and accurate information.
- To refuse to elicit, accept or pay any bribes, and to report those who do.
- To negotiate all contracts with the utmost integrity.
- To pay taxes, and to pay all creditors on time.
- To pay reasonable salaries and wages.
- To submit ourselves to just and ethical governing authorities.
- To remember the poor by investing generously and sacrificially in the broader community.
- To collaborate with our peers to impact our community and nation.