The background of GEOSS: Established in March 2001 by Julian Conrad – a South African hydrogeologist who previously worked at the CSIR, and was passionate about sustainable groundwater exploration. GEOSS has grown steadily from a “1 person business” to the well known company of expert consultants it is today. GEOSS is now employing over 24 staff members and remains under the Directorship of Julian Conrad and Dale Barrow (MSc hydrogeologist with an MBA qualification as well).
To provide and implement leading groundwater and geo-environmental solutions for the benefit of society and protection of the environment.
To implement global best practices in all aspects of geology and hydrogeology, GIS and remote sensing to the benefit of society and the environment whilst ensuring sustainable use of groundwater resources.
GEOSS Values and Business Ethics
As a business organisation we are committed to being UNASHAMEDLY ETHICAL accordingly, we commit:
- To be honest and ethical in all our dealings.
- To provide efficient, economic and effective products and services in an impartial manner.
- To provide all stakeholders with timely, accessible and accurate information.
- To refuse to elicit, accept or pay any bribes, and to report those who do.
- To negotiate all contracts with the utmost integrity.
- To pay taxes, and to pay all creditors on time.
- To pay reasonable salaries and wages.
- To submit ourselves to just and ethical governing authorities.
- To remember the poor by investing generously and sacrificially in the broader community.
- To collaborate with our peers to impact our community and nation.
GEOSS Business Units and associated Leaders
- Exploration, Drilling and Geophysical Studies – Jandre de Beer
- Yield, Water Quality Testing, Camera work & Managed Aquifer Recharge – Reuben Lazarus
- Monitoring and Management – Aqeela Parker & Julian Conrad
- Impact Assessments and Contamination – Zita Harilall
- Geotechnical services – Louis Jonk & Hardy Luttig
- Water Use Authorisation (Schedule 1, Existing lawful use, General Authorisation and Water use Licence) – Abigail Oellermann
- GIS and Modelling – Julian Conrad